Events for child passenger safety technicians and advocates in Atlantic Canada
The Child Passenger Safety Association of Canada (CPSAC) provides a national, up-to-date Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST) training program. Child Safety Link supports Child Passenger Safety Technician training opportunities throughout the Maritimes. Help parents and caregivers choose and use car seats and booster seats safely. Register for currently available courses or add yourself to the waiting list. Space in these training classes is limited and often reserved for those who work with vulnerable families.
Child Passenger Safety Week
Every year, Child Safety Link and our Maritime partners celebrate Child Passenger Safety Week (CPSW) with a different theme related to protecting children in vehicles.
- Are you interested in planning an event in your community or have other questions? If you need advice, resources or have questions please feel free to contact our Health Promotion Specialist for Child Passenger Safety Katherine Hutka at email@example.com or by calling 902-470-7324 or toll free in the Maritimes 1-866-288-1388.
- Sign up for the Car Seat Connection Newsletter.
- Order print versions Child Safety Link Child Passenger Safety resources.
- Share your ideas, questions and progress with others in our community through the Facebook Group Atlantic Tech Talk.
- View CPSW tools and activities from past years here:
National Road Safety Week
Every year, Canada Safety Council’s annual awareness campaign focuses on behaviours that put drivers, passengers and other road users most at risk: sober and alert driving, seat-belt use, and intersection-related incidents involving drivers, riders, and pedestrians. Get more information.
Child Safety Link supports Child Passenger Safety Technician training opportunities throughout the Maritimes. Help parents and caregivers choose and use car seats and booster seats safely. Find more information on Child Passenger Safety Technician training, including upcoming dates for training opportunities in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, and Newfoundland & Labrador. Space in these training classes is limited and reserved for those who work with vulnerable families and newcomers to Canada. For more information or to register Katherine Hutka at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 902-470-7324.
Training opportunities for professionals
In addition to, Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST) Training, Child Safety Link supports the following child passenger safety training:
- Community Services Training
- Health Care Personnel (Nurse) Training
- Law Enforcement Training