Everyone loves going on a vacation. It feels like you can let everything go, and be carefree! But when you take your children out of their regular routine and environment, there are many extra safety considerations to take into account.
Vacation safety tips
- Always make sure you'll have the right car seat or booster seat when you arrive at your destination.
- If flying to your destination, take your child’s car seat with you and use it on the plane.
- If you’re renting a car, be aware that rental companies may not be able to provide a safe or appropriate car seat for your child. Have a back-up plan for a safe seat.
- If you’re visiting someone else’s home or staying in a hotel, those places will likely not be child-proofed like your home would be. Always be aware of potential risks for your small children in every new environment, and keep a close eye on them.
- Be prepared for the weather and make sure everyone is properly hydrated at all times.
- When travelling with medications, make sure they are kept away from small children and not easily accessible in travel luggage (ie. handbag).